Friday, March 20, 2015

March 16th - 20th

Like last week, this one seemed short due to testing and a field trip. Happily, the students were mostly positive in class and accomplished much. Early in the week, they were tasked with finishing their Love Cup project and, as usual, I was impressed with their creativity. Take a look at some of my favorites below!

We also worked on a mini-project that involved what mentoring means to the kids. I had done something similar with the mentors prior to the mentees' arrival so I thought I knew what the kids would say, but it was really interesting to see how the mentors' opinions have changed since January. Getting the mentees' perspectives was enlightening, as well. As we discussed words that are associated with mentoring, some common themes like positivity, loyalty, kindness, and responsibility popped up.


No comments:

Post a Comment