Tuesday, September 12, 2017

September 5th - 8th

Please excuse the tardiness of the post, as I was out of the classroom for a few days and returned this morning.  Last week, we began our wonderful Tutoring Tuesdays. The students were anxious to begin receiving help on their homework and I'm glad to have the time and space to allow it. They did a wonderful job of consistently working on their assignments and I'm looking forward to hosting these tutoring days throughout the year.

On Wednesday and Thursday, they worked on creating Time Capsules, which will be opened at the end of the school year. This is one of the students' favorite activities and I know they'll enjoy opening their capsules in May!

We skipped No Fun Friday, since I was absent. Instead, the scholars created mentoring scenarios that could be implemented in their community. We incorporated multiple school initiatives by "Kagan-izing" the lesson (giving each team member clear responsibilities) and required students to write PEAL (Point, Evidence, Analysis, and Link) paragraphs. I've only just begun looking at their paragraphs and can see a wide range of skills. Part of our Tutoring Tuesday this week will be spent practicing this concept. You can check out one of my favorite examples below - The cars are top-notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment