Friday, October 17, 2014

October 13th - 17th

Let the count-down begin! I only have five days before classes kick off and I'm totally stoked!

This week was spent preparing for classes: editing the workbook, collecting permission slips, calling parents to discuss the program, and making sure schedule changes are on track. The kids are as excited as I am and have been asking all kinds of questions...

     Q.  When will I get my schedule changed?
     A.  Next week.

     Q.  Can I start early?
     A.  No - I'm afraid you'd get sick of me.

     Q.  When will get our t-shirts?!
     A.  Hold your horses, kiddo!

To add to the warm fuzzies I'm getting from the students, I came to work on Tuesday to find this on my door.


Thursday, I went to Boulder for a training, conducted by Carlo and learned a lot. I feel much more prepared to teach the fundamental YESS lessons now and have had fun identifying my hot buttons as I interact with others.

Next week, I've got four appointments with parents and will be assisting with parent/teacher conferences. I'm also looking forward to attending a Youth Mentoring Collaborative training called "Coaching your Students to Academic Success." Additionally, I'll be getting rosters finalized by the guidance department and prepping for loads of ice breakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment